Home Health 11 Signs You Have Been Exposed To Toxic Mold!

11 Signs You Have Been Exposed To Toxic Mold!

707
0
SHARE

Even though numerous people are not aware of it, a toxic mold may represent a grave problem in the house, and it can appear in multiple places, not just under the sink, in the basement, or at the shower curtain. Toxic mold can be found on the roof, in drywall, on the objects in the bathroom, and even on the Christmas tree!

Actually, according to one study, Christmas trees can breed mold, emitting millions of spores into the room and thus leading to winter allergies and asthma attacks.

Researchers also discovered that the quality of the air indoors was reduced six-fold within the two weeks the Christmas tree is kept in the room for the holidays.

Mold can be of thousand types, but scientists have classified it in according to the effects it has on the people and other living beings, as follows:

Toxigenic Molds:

This type of mold creates mycotoxins which severely endanger health, and may lead to immunosuppression and cancer. When the person inhales, touches, or consumes them, these toxins are absorbed into the body.

Allergenic Molds:

These molds are on the low end of the danger scale, as they lead to issues in the case of asthma or in children which are prone to mold allergies.

Pathogenic Molds:

Pathogenic molds cause infections, so they are especially dangerous for people with a weakened immune system. People exposed to this kind of mold experience an acute response which is similar to bacterial pneumonia.

Dr. Mercola recognizes 5 most common indoor molds:
  • Alternaria: This mold leads to allergic responses, and it is commonly found in the mouth, nose, and upper respiratory tract.
  • Aspergillus: This kind of mold leads to lung infections, and is present in the house dust, and in warm and very damp climates.
  • Cladosporium: This very common outdoor fungus causes asthma and hay fever symptoms, and grows on damp and porous materials, as well as wood and textiles.
  • Penicillium: this is another extremely common type of mold which causes asthma and allergies, and often grows on carpets, wallpapers, decaying fabrics, and fiberglass duct insulation. Some species of penicillium produce mycotoxins, such as the common antibiotic penicillin.
  • Stachybotrys: Being an extremely great threat to health, this “black mold” creates mycotoxins which lead to various health issues, including bleeding of the lungs, and serious breathing difficulties. It is not that common as the other four types, fortunately, and it is frequently found on paper and wood, but not on tiles, linoleum, or concrete.

The exposure to mold leads to numerous different health issues, known as a mold illness. According to the Mayo Clinic:

“Although a mold allergy is the most common problem caused by exposure to mold, mold can cause illness without an allergic reaction. Mold can also cause infections or irritant and toxic reactions. Infections caused by mold can lead to a variety of problems from flu-like symptoms to skin infections and even pneumonia. “

Another problem related to mold is mold toxicity, also considered to be Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS). This syndrome is defined by Ritchie Shoemaker, MD, author of Surviving Mold: Life in the Era of Dangerous Buildings, as follows:

“an acute and chronic, systemic inflammatory response acquired following exposure to the interior environment of a water-damaged building with resident toxigenic organisms, including, but not limited to fungi, bacteria, actinomycetes, and Mycobacterium as well as inflammagens…”(Wise Mind Healthy Body)

Due to its numerous serious health issues, you need to know the 11 most common symptoms of mold illness:
  • Asthma and sinus issues, such as shortness of breath and cough
  • Eye issues, such as light sensitivity and red eyes
  • Headaches, Brain Fog, Memory issues, Trouble Focusing
  • Disturbed temperature regulation and night sweats
  • Fatigue, Weakness
  • Numbness and tingling sensations
  • Muscle cramps with no evident reason, constant nerve pain, aches, and joint pain
  • Digestive problems, including abdominal pain, diarrhea, nausea, appetite changes
  • Excessive thirst and frequent urges for urination
  • Tremors and vertigo
  • Metallic taste in the mouth

If you suffer these symptoms often, and mold has significantly affected your health and everyday life, you need to know how to solve this serious problem and avoid further complications.

The video below will help you get rid of mold and save your health, so make sure you watch it out!

Source: chere1.com

Comments

comments