One of the most effective exercises for the entire body is plank.
To do this exercise successfully, you need to have strong core muscles and train regularly. It will help you to build your core, and support your spine.
These are the benefits of doing planks on a daily basis:
1. You will improve core definition and performance:
All the major groups of core muscles including transverse abdominus, rectus abdominus, external oblique muscle, and the glutes, are engaged in this perfect exercise. By strengthening these muscle groups, you will achieve:
- Transverse abdominis: You will be able to lift heavier weights.
- Rectus adbominus: You will improve the jumping. Also, this group will give you the six pack abs.
- Oblique muscles: You will improve your capacity for waist-twisting and side-bending.
- Glutes: It will give you strong and shapely booty, and a supported back.
2. You will decrease your risk of injury in the back and spinal column
It will build your muscles without to put much pressure on your hips or spine. Your back pain will be reduced, your muscles strengthened, and the entire back supported.
3. You will experience an increased boost to your overall metabolism
Doing this exercise regularly will make you burn more energy. Also, it will improve the work of your metabolism, ensuring that the metabolic rate remains high throughout the day.
4. You will significantly improve your posture
Your ability to stand with straight and stable posture will be improved. You will remain proper posture all the time, because these abdomen muscles have a profound effect on the condition of the shoulders, neck, back, and chest.
5. You will improve overall balance
Do you ever feel that when trying standing on one leg you can’t remain straight for more a few seconds? This is because your abdominal muscles are not strong to give you the needed balance. When doing side planks you will improve your balance and improve your capacity in every kind of workout.
6. You will become more flexible than ever before
Shoulders, shoulder blades, and collarbone are expanded and stretched while performing this exercise. Also, it will stretch your feet arches, hamstrings, and toes. You can also work on the oblique muscles by adding a side plank. This will improve the hyper-extending of the toes, a crucial movement when it comes to supporting the body’s weight.
7. You will witness mental benefits
Plank is very effective for our nerves, thus improving our mood. The muscles groups that contribute to tension and stress in the body are stretched out. These exercises can calm our brain, treat symptoms of depression and anxiety, but only if they are done regularly.
You can achieve great results by doing a simple plank exercise 5-10 minutes every day.