Since we all generally hold the idea that the addition of anything oily and fatty to our diet would unquestionably harm our health in some way, we have become extremely apprehensive of the calories and fats contained in the foods we consume. Therefore, the idea of adding oil and fat to your morning coffee might not seem very appealing nor in any way healthy at first thought. Nevertheless, once you read this article you will surely start seeing things very differently and understand how healthy can the addition of certain fats to your diet be and learn about all the benefits that can arise from it.
This Is Why You Should Stop Counting Calories
If you are one of those people who are obsessed with counting calories, it is high time you stopped doing this. The following video will help you understand why you should do that:
How to Add Coconut Oil to Your Coffee
Believe us, you won’t become fat by adding fat to your diet. Including coconut oil in your diet will only make you much healthier as this oil has been proven to help improve metabolism and aid in weight loss.
Coconut oil is a great source of medium-chain fatty acids, which give a great boost to metabolism. Research has shown that 1-2 tablespoons of medium chain fats, such as coconut oil, on a daily basis increases energy expenditure by 5%, which totals to 120 calories daily.
The addition of this coconut oil coffee creamer to your coffee won’t make it greasy, but instead, it will create a perfectly rich and creamy texture that can be sweetened with honey and given a nice aroma with cinnamon and vanilla.
Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer Recipe
- ¾ coconut oil, organic
- ½ cup raw honey (reduce the amount or leave it out if you don’t like your coffee sweet)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (optional)
Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir everything well to combine. Pour the resulting mixture in a glass jar with a sealed lid and store.
How to Use Coconut Oil Coffee Creamer
- First, prepare a cup of coffee as usual and then add 1-2 tablespoons of coconut oil coffee creamer to it while it is still hot.
- You can also add a teaspoon of grass-fed butter if you wish, but consider this just an option. Adding butter will enhance the creaminess and flavor of your coffee. In addition, we also must point out that grass-fed butter is extremely healthy as it helps increase good cholesterol levels and is a great source of vitamin K2, a vitamin which is essential in bone health.
- Next, use a blender or mini mullet blender to blend the coffee and creamer on high speed for about 5 seconds.
- Pour the coffee into your favorite mug and enjoy!