Sinusitis is a condition in which the lining of the sinuses becomes irritated. Generally, sinuses are filled with air. However, when there is some blockage, they are filled will germs, fluid (viruses, fungis, and bacteria) and can grow and cause infection.
Common cold, nasal polyps (small growths in that lining), deviated septum (a shift in the nasal cavity), or allergic rhinitis (swelling of the lining of the nose) are some of the conditions that can trigger sinus blockage.
Types of Sinusitis
- Acute: It consists of symptoms like runny, stuffy nose and facial pain that begin suddenly and do not disappear after 10-14 days. In many cases, it last 4 weeks or less.
- Subacute: Sinus inflammation lasting 4-8 weeks.
- Chronic: Inflammation signs that last 8 weeks or longer.
- Recurrent: Several attacks in a year.
Normally, the treatment for sinusitis includes using prescription antibiotics which despite the fact that can provide short-term effects, can have a great deal of side-effects. Therefore, the best choice is to use natural treatments to treat the sinusitis.
For that reason, we will present you a natural remedy which is very effective and totally safe.
The main ingredient is apple cider vinegar, which is known for its abundance of vitamins, fiber, antioxidants, and minerals. It can boost your immune system and improve your general health. Just follow the directions.
- ¼ cup organic apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup organic coconut water
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 natural lemon, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon raw organic honey
You should warm the coconut water in a pan and pour it into a mug. Add the ACV into the mug and make sure to stir well. Let it cool at a room temperature then add the honey and cayenne pepper and stir once again. In the end, add the lemon juice and stir it well.
To obtain the best results, you should consume this beverage on an empty stomach, prior to your breakfast and late during the night, before going to bed. Continue drinking it until your infections is treated.