The frankincense essential oil has a positive effect on the mood, reduces stress, and improves health. It is produced from the resin of the Boswellia tree and has a spicy smell with hints of honey and lemon.
Let us see what we can use frankincense oil for:
- Remove scars – mix it with some coconut oil and rub it on the scars. After a few applications the scars will start to fade away.
- Sleep better – put a small bowl of the oil beside your bed and you will get noticeably better night’s sleep. You will fall asleep much easier, stay asleep, and get out of bed faster.
- Meditate – the oil will help you breathe deeply and thus you may use it while meditating. Try to concentrate on the task at hand.
- Relieve anxiety – put a couple of drops of the oil on your hand and inhale it to help you feel relaxed and calm.
- Remove wrinkles – mix the oil with a couple of lavender leaves and apply it on your face in the morning and evening. Wash it off after a few minutes with lukewarm water.
- Heal wounds – put the oil on a cut or skin injury to assist it heal faster.
- Find inner peace – apply a few drops of the oil on your neck in order to aid concentration and make you feel emotionally balanced. The oil will help you stimulate the production of noradrenalin ad dopamine to counteract bad moods, lethargy, and fatigue.
- Relieve coughing – apply the oil on your neck and throat, or put a few drops in water and gargle it if you have a cold or constantly cough.
- Treat insect bites – apply a few drops of the oil to irritated, itchy, or red skin and rub the affected area.
- Boost your immune system – ingest a few drops of the oil in order to boost your immune system and prevent colds and other illnesses brought by weak immune system.