WHAT THE SHAPE ON YOUR NAILS MEANS
Finding out what the shape on your nails means is of a great importance due to the fact that our nails are linked to many diseases, even cancer.
But, don’t worry, cause we aren’t going to discuss about symptoms or any diseases in this article!
First, let me ask a simple question- does the name lunula sound familiar to you?
NAMELY, THERE ARE 10 FACTS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT THE LUNULA:
1. First, you should know that the crescent-shaped whitish area of the bed of a fingernail is also known as lunula (small moon in Latin). This part of the nail is very important and also very sensitive. In fact, the lunula is the visible part of the nail’s root and it mustn’t be damaged, otherwise your entire nail will be permanently deformed.
2. This half-moon part is called the lunula, which means small moon in Latin and it’s a very sensitive part of the nail.
3. This part is white, since is the fifth basal layer of the epidermis, which actually “hides” the blood vessels that are underneath.
4. It’s most visible on the thumb, but is not visible in everyone’s nails. In some cases, the eponychium, the thickened layer of skin that surrounds the fingernails and toenails, can partially or completely hide the lunula.
5. The lunula is the visible part of the nail’s root and mustn’t be damaged, because any damage can permanently deform your entire nail.
6. According to numerous experts around the world, the lunula can discover very important information about our overall health. For instance, traditional Chinese medicine claims that a lack of lunula is a sign of anemia and malnutrition while a pale or bluish lunula is a sign of potential diabetes. If a person’s lunula has reddish smudges they are likely to suffer from cardiovascular diseases.
7. A lack of lunula or a really small lunula is a sign of indigestion which occurs as a result of slow metabolism or accumulated toxins in the body.
8. Quantity – it is preferable to have 8 to 10 lunulas on both hands. Shape – it is preferable to take an area of one fifth of the fingernail. Color – it is preferable to be in the color of ivory. The whiter, the better, which is an indication of a strong person.
9. An energetic and healthy person should have ruddy, restrained, tough, arc-shaped, smooth and glossy with clear lunula The more energetic a person is, the whiter the lunula is; otherwise, the lunula is poor and vague.
10. Generally, the lunula takes an area of about one fifth of the fingernail and has the clear edge. The lunula often idnicates the disease of a person in the form of color change or disappearing crescent. Once the person’s health is improved, the little moon will gradually appear again. The less lunula a person has, the person is more likely to suffer from lower energy and poorer health and to feel tired. If the lunula only appears on the thumbs, it indicates that the person lacks physical energy and he/she will be sick soon.