Warm milk and garlic? It might sound gross, but it’s a powerful combination against sickness.
Most of us like the flavor garlic adds to our food. But, the pungent smell it leaves in our mouths – don’t you hate it? Well, the person next to us might hate it even worse.
In spite of this unfortunate side effect, Garlic is still hailed as the best medicine for a variety of diseases. It helps in curing a wide range of symptoms ranging from infections to cancer.
In 1858, Louis Pasteur was so stunned by its antibacterial activity that he introduced Garlic as an antiseptic to prevent gangrene during World War I and World War II. It can also fight the disease, Beriberi.
When taken regularly, garlic improves thiamine absorption and improves our immunity to Beriberi. Garlic pods also have a strong anti-fungal quality in them. It can also prevent and treat digestive disorders and colon infections. And, as everyone know, it fights effectively against cold and sore throat.
This garlic drink, is tasty, less hot, less smelly and very effective in fighting colds, sore throats, and infections. Is your picky eater prone to frequent colds? This is the right drink to enhance his or her immune system.
- 3 cups organic milk
- 10 cloves organic garlic
- 2 teaspoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 cup organic coconut water
- Combine the coconut water and milk in a pot.
- Add the garlic and put the pot on heat.
- Bring it to boil and then keep the heat on medium, stirring constantly until the mixture evaporates to one half of the amount.
- Strain the mixture and add sugar.
- Consume while still hot.
- Asthma: Drink this every night will help you relieve the symptoms of asthma.
- Pneumonia: Regular consumption of garlic-milk three times a week will help you successfully treat pneumonia.
- Heart problems: This mixture has the ability to reduce LDL cholesterol levels, prevent formation of clots, and improve blood circulation.
- Jaundice: Garlic is extremely beneficial in eliminating toxins from the body since it contains compound which activate liver enzymes. The liver needs sulfur for detoxification and garlic is abundant in it. Furthermore, it is rich in allicin and selenium which stimulate the secretion of bile and reduce the fats in the liver. Consuming garlic-milk in a period of four days will help you cure jaundice.
- Arthritis: Relieves the symptoms of inflammation and pain.
- Insomnia: This is effective in treating sleeping problems due to the calming compounds contained in the mixture.
- Cough: Garlic has powerful antibacterial properties which makes a great remedy for cough. You can add honey to prepare an excellent expectorant that will relieve cough.
- Cholesterol: Lowers the LDL levels and will increase the HDL levels in the body.
- Digestive health: Garlic has strong antiseptic properties which can significantly strengthen your immune system and improve digestive health. Moreover, garlic is highly beneficial for the lymph and stimulates the elimination of toxins from the body. Also, garlic stimulates the secretion of digestive juices and relieves different types of diarrhea.
- Impotence: This is very beneficial for treating impotence. Also, consuming boiled garlic cloves can fight infertility in men and women.