The tree we’re going to present you today is called moringa. It has been hailed as a “miracle tree” due to its significant source of fats, proteins, carotenoids, vitamin C, iron, potassium, and other nutrients.
Almost all of its parts: the flowers, roots, leaves, and bark of the tree have been used as nutritional supplements and are also used in the manufacture of cosmetics, perfumes, and skin oils.
But, it’s good to know that moringa also possesses an incredible medicinal potential.
The chemical compounds found in moringa have demonstrated several beneficial biochemical activities, like fighting atherosclerosis and heart disease, boosting the immune system, but they also possess antiviral, antibacterial, antioxidant, and tumor-suppressive effects.
Here are only some of the health benefits of moringa:
- Moringa is rich in fiber. Researchers claim that it actually works as a mop in your intestines and cleanses any excess of waste left over from a greasy diet.
- It contains powerful antibiotic properties and is highly efficient in eliminating a bacterium known to cause gastritis, ulcers and gastric cancer.
- The seed of this tree is known to purify water and it does even better than most of the conventional synthetic materials that are being used nowadays.
- Moringa leaves are abundant in vitamins, minerals, essential amino acids and much more ingredients. 100 grams of dry moringa leaves contain:
- 9 times more protein than in yoghurt
- 10 times more vitamin A than in carrots
- 15 times more potassium than in bananas
- 17 times more calcium than in milk
- 12 times more vitamin C than in oranges
- 25 times more iron than in spinach
- The leaves containchlorogenic acid which is known to slow down the absorption process of sugar in the cells.
- Moringa also possesses anti-tumor and anti-cancer effects, a result of the presence of a compound called niaziminin.
- This tree helps you in the regulation of the thyroid function, especially when it comes to hyper-active thyroid.
According to all this, we can conclude that moringa is a highly beneficial medicinal plant that deserves a place in everyone’s home!