Even though it is considered as one of the easiest exercises, walking can provide remarkable effects. Walking not only can strengthen your muscles, and improve your overall health, but can help in the process of losing weight.
But, not many people are familiar with the fact that walking can help you lose a pound or more in only 1 week, and even 20 pounds in 5 months, without engaging yourself in another workout or having some strict diet.
But, in order to lose weight, you need to know some important principles of walking.
You need to know that there are two factors which determine the number of calories you burn while walking: your body weight and the walking place. For instance, if the average speed of your walking is 4 miles per hour, in 1 hour you will burn 400 calories. You can lose 300 calories more with additional 3 miles.
In order to get the best results, make sure to use a pedometer which will be of great help. Also, you need to make a daily plan.
You can monitor the daily exercises with the pedometer, thus increasing the chances to get the desired results. It is not heavy, so you can wear it near your hips. The pedometer will count the steps you have made during the entire day, so you will know how many steps are left to do so you can lose the excess pounds.
If you make 7,000 steps a day, and still you do not lose weight, you can solve the problem mathematically and see how you can add the number of miles as per a number of calories you need to burn.
To burn calories, most people need to make 2,000 steps in a mile. 100 calories are burnt in a mile.
This is explained below:
- 1 Mile = 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned
- 1 Pound – you need to burn 500 calories
- To lose 1 Pound a week = 500 calories a day
- 000 steps daily will help you 1 pound in a week
It is very important to start slowly then gradually increase the number of your steps. We present you some tips which can help you to get the needed 2,000:
Yet, you can start slowly and then increase the number of steps. These tips will help you to reach the needed 2,000 steps:
- You can walk with your children to school
- Avoid using bus, or taxi
- Avoid using the elevator. Use the stairs
- Park your car far away from the place you are heading
- Find a pedometer which will show the number of the pounds you lose and the number of the calories you burn. In this way, you will feel more stimulated and you will be able to boost the process of losing weight, and control your achievements.
Also, we present you tips which will make your routine more exciting and interesting:
- While walking, make sure to listen to your favorite music which will make you feel more motivated
- Always walk in different areas, neighborhoods, and parks, so you can avoid the monotony, and make your routine an interesting journey
- Once or twice a week, you can invite some friend to joint while walking
Although we all know how to walk, some tips on the style can improve the exercise.
Walk with your chin up, focus 100 feet forward, squeeze your glutes, and tighten your abdomen in the same direction with your spine.
You can consult your doctor which can tell you if your body is healthy for this exercise and how much is enough.
At the beginning, you should walk for 15-20 minutes, 3 times a week. Then, slowly increase the routine. You should walk 30-60 minutes every day of the week. This will help you to naturally achieve incredible effects, without having any strict diet.