In recent years we are over-run with information’s about what exactly we consume. That’s a good thing because many people become more conscious about what they are eating.
Soy Milk gain tremendous popularity over the past few years because the items it can replace and the health benefits it can provide as some people were suggesting.
Unfortunately, recent studies show that soy milk is not the healthy choice you thought. Moreover, soy milk can have negative impact on your health.
First let’s see what’s inside a regular soy milk: Soy milk (Filtered water, whole soybeans), cane sugar, sea salt, carrageenan, natural flavor, calcium carbonate, vitamin A Palmitate, Vitamin D2, Riboflavin (B2), Vitamin B12.
Based on many scientific studies and researches, the food-grade carrageenan that can be found in soy milk can cause gastrointestinal inflammation, ulertions, lesions and even colon cancer.
10 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD AVOID SOY MILK:
1. The soybeans contain large amount of antinutrients, that are natural toxins. By consuming only 2 glasses a day it can alter a woman’s menstrual cycle.
2. It automatically increases the need for vitamin B12 and vitamin D
3. Haemagglutinin is found inside the structure of the soybeans. That is a substance that causes your red blood cells to clump.
4. Over 99% of soy is GMO. It is one of the highest contaminations by pesticides of any of our foods.
5. All the soy products contain high levels of phytic acid, which inhibits assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron, and zinc.
6. In the soy products is also found great amount of toxic aluminum, which has a devastating effect on the nervous system the kidneys and has been linked to the onset of Alzheimer’s.
7. Soy foods can cause B12 deficiency and also it contains a compound that is similar to B12, but the body doesn’t recognize it and it can’t be processed.
8. Very fragile soy proteins are exposed to high temperatures during processing in order to make soy protein isolate and textured vegetable protein, making them dangerous for human digestion.
9. The isoflavones genistein and daidzein that is concentrated in the soy can stimulate existing breast cancer growth showing risk in consuming soy products if a woman has breast cancer. (Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2001 Sep;35(9):118-21).
10. The plant estrogens that the soy contains is called phytoestrogens. This compound can disrupt endocrine function and lead to infertility and breast cancer in women.